ARCP or Annual Review of Competency Progression is a process to ascertain whether a trainee is making satisfactory progression, identify deficiencies, agree a plan for future training and receive feedback regarding the quality of training posts. It also contributes to revalidation during time of surgical training. In the East of England deanery for General Surgery, it is still held face-to-face with the Training Programme Director (TPD) and ARCP panel at Victoria House, Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5XB.
Trainees should ensure all ARCP documents/assessments are completed within 2 weeks of their ARCP date at the very latest. An invitation with complete details of required documents will be sent to trainees well in advance of ARCP dates.
Ensure all the following are completed 2 weeks prior to ARCPs:
- Form R – Mandatory and must be sent back to the deanery administrators
- Minimum work based assessments on ISCP – at least 40 with 1 Multisource feedback (MSF)
- All educational/clinical supervisor meetings on ISCP
- Complete Purple Form – to be signed by at least 2 consultant supervisors
- Complete relevant level ST checklists
- Academic Supervisor Reports for academic trainees
- Upload up to date CV on ISCP
- Details of Out of Programme activities/significant periods off work/absence record