Before starting your training with HEE, you must take the following preparatory steps (Dental Trainees will only need to complete the Postgraduate Training Agreement under Step 1 and then continue to Steps 2 and 3):
- Download and complete the three forms listed below. Ensuring you open these using the desktop version Adobe Reader as the browser version will leave you unable to sign the documents.
- Attach the above paperwork alongside your latest ARCP outcome form to an email and send to email@example.com. Your forms must be signed using a certified digital signature. Please note: HEE will not accept any forms that have been printed and scanned or sent via post.
- Your paperwork will be checked by HEE. If it is incomplete or incorrect it will be rejected and you will be emailed with instructions on how to amend the form which must be actioned before you begin your training programme.
National Training Number
Your national training number will be allocated via email on completion of the Form R Part A & B and training agreement documents. If you have completed these documents and haven't received your national training number please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that currently, the tool used by HEE to generate the NTNs/DRNs does not distinguish CESR CP, non-medical Public Health and Industry pathways and therefore, all higher trainees will be allocated an NTN C for the time being. This means that your NTN is subject to change to the correct suffix in due course once your training pathway has been reviewed and once the tool is further developed. Please contact your specialty team to inform them if you are a CESR CP trainee. If you wish to check these details please refer to the GMC website.
Wider Scope of Practice Form
Trainees completing any work as a medical professional outside of their programme (i.e. locum shifts, cosmetic work) must declare this on their Form R part B. Trainees must also complete the Wider Scope of Practice form as a declaration to their Responsible Officer regarding their Fitness to Practice within these roles. This form can be found on our ARCP documents page.
For further information regarding this matter please visit this link to the GMC website. Under section 5 of the Guidance for Doctors: requirements for revalidation and maintaining your licence, on Page 30 of this document it states the following:
"If you do any additional practice that requires a licence, outside your training programme posts (for example, locum work or private practice), you must discuss this with your responsible officer (or educational supervisor on their behalf) and declare it as part of the documentation for your ARCP. You may also need to provide details of the responsible officers at other places where you work. This will allow your responsible officer to get feedback on your work as a whole and gain assurance that you are fit to practise. You must inform your responsible officer of any fitness to practise concerns, complaints about you or significant events you’re involved in from across your whole practice (this includes practice outside your training posts)."
Further information regarding revalidation and ARCPs can be found here.
Video guidance for opening electronic forms
1. Save the form
2. Find the location (desktop or Downloads)
3. Right click the icon for the form and select ‘Open With’ > ‘Adobe Reader’ OR ‘Adobe Acrobat Reader DC’
4. When Reader opens, it may ask about ‘Trusted Certificates’. Click yes if so.
If you have any issues opening, completing or digitally signing your form please call 01223 597 640 and one of the team would be more than happy to help.