Welcome to Academic Clinical Fellowship recruitment at Health Education England – East of England.
Applications are invited from talented and enthusiastic doctors in training who seek a career combining research, teaching and the care of patients. The Academic Clinical Fellowship provides integrated academic and clinical training. Within the programme, Fellows should develop skills allowing them to compete successfully for funding to study for a higher research degree (MD/PhD). Only applicants who can demonstrate that they have outstanding potential for development as a clinical academic will be considered for this programme. These integrated academic training programmes will be associated with the award of a relevant NTN (a).
It will NOT be possible to submit an application after the closing time stated. Applications will only be accepted if submitted electronically and online via Oriel
From 6th October 2019 we have been advised that all medical practitioners will be on the shortage occupation list in the UK which means that medical applicants will be exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT). The exception to this is Public Health and for this specialty the RLMT will still apply
Applications to Public Health ACF only
You are eligible to be considered for training in Round 1 if:
- You are a UK or EEA national
- You are a non-UK or non-EEA national and your immigration status allows you to work without restriction in the UK. For example, if you have Tier 1 or dependent status, and no restriction against working as a doctor or dentist in training
- You are a non-UK or non-EEA national who has limited leave to remain in the UK and do not fall into one of the above categories. You will require Tier 2 sponsorship and will be subject to the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT)
- You are a non-UK or non-EEA national, you graduated from a UK medical or dental school, your immigration status currently entitles you to work in the Foundation Programme and where you would have previously been eligible for Tier 1 (PSW). You will need to apply for Tier 2 sponsorship, but you will be exempt from the RLMT in this instance.
Evidence of immigration status should normally consist of a biometric residence card, date stamped passport, and accompanying letter from the Home Office. Please visit their website for more information.
A number of these posts are in direct competition with each other. Please refer to the tables below..
Further information on University of Cambridge and University of East Anglia is available below:
- University of Cambridge
- Research at Cambridge
- Research at the School of Clinical Medicine
- Norwich Academic Training Office
- NIHR ACF Recruitment FAQ’s
- NIHR ACF Academic Person Specification
- Structured Reference Form
- Shortlisting Scoresheet
- NIHR ACF Interview Evaluation Forms
If you are interested in applying to be a clinical lecturer, information is available on the NIHR Website.
2020 ACF Re-Adverts
University of East Anglia, Norwich - ACF Posts - Re-Adverts
|Post Type||No. of posts available||Specialty and Level(s)||Link to NHS Jobs advert / How to Apply||Interview Date|
|ACF NIHR||x1 available in one of the GMC specialties listed||Medical Microbiology ST3||Click Here||24th September via Microsoft Teams|
|Upper GI Surgery CT1 or CT2||Click Here|
|Clinical Radiology ST1 or ST2||Click Here|
Applications close at 1600hrs on 27th August. It will NOT be possible to submit an application after the closing time stated. Applications will only be accepted if submitted electronically and online via Oriel
Please visit the adverts to find out further information.