- 20.01.21: Our revised Study Leave Appeal Process can be found HERE. The appeals form can be found at the bottom of this page.
- 19.01.21: Guidance relating to Covid related support for exam preparation can be found HERE.
- 26.11.20: Study Leave Provision for Virtual Teaching guidance document is available to be viewed - CLICK HERE
- 22.10.20: Advice/Guidance relating to study leave claims during Covid-19 has moved to our FAQs - CLICK HERE
- 05.10.20: Leadership & Management Training for Postgraduate Medical and Dental Trainees - CLICK HERE
- 27.07.20: New Foundation Year 2 Study Leave Application Process (see flowchart below) CLICK HERE FOR GUIDANCE
Trainees in the East of England may apply for study leave activity of any cost for courses that are mandated by the curriculum or those that are not, referred to as 'aspirational'. The eligibility criteria and process must be adhered to in order for applications to be approved.
Depending on the type and cost of your request, the application process may vary, please see guidance below:
- Curriculum mandated up to £600: Trainees need to apply via the employing Trust’s process and can be approved locally, courses listed here
- Curriculum mandated exceeding £600 and/or aspirational activity (any cost): Trainees will need to follow the employing Trusts study leave process and complete the additional HEE EoE digital form, available at the bottom of this page. Please refer to the short video below for guidance on properly downloading this form.
Application Process Flowcharts
How to Download and Open the HEE EoE Digital Form
The form cannot be opened or completed in a web browser. Please ensure you download and save the document locally on your PC/laptop, then open it as a PDF with Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader before completing.
Our digital forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
If a doctor or dentist in training disagrees with a decision about study leave funding, they should in the first instance contact the relevant authoriser that refused the application to request an explanation / review.
If a doctor or dentist in training remains of the opinion that the wrong decision has been made, they can appeal against the decision using the HEE East of England appeal form.
Please see our appeal process detailed in our policy HERE.
Step by step guidance on how to set up a digital ID - Digital ID instructions
Electronic form guidance for Mac users - Mac user guidance
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Free - Click Here
National Study Leave Guidance Document - Click Here
HEE Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information for Trainees - Click Here
HEE EoE Webpages
SuppoRTT (Supported Return to Training) - Click Here
Bursaries - Click Here
For queries regarding Individual Study Leave or to discuss the local application process please contact your Medical Education Department.
For queries regarding the HEE EoE additional approval form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The HEE EoE additional form is to be signed off by the RCP Tutor instead of the TPD, for CMT/IMT trainees. Your RCP Tutor can be found here https://heeoe.hee.nhs.uk/medicine/core-medical-training/contact-us