- 22/10/20: Advice/Guidance relating to study leave claims during Covid-19 has moved to our FAQs - CLICK HERE
- 05.10.20: Leadership & Management Training for Postgraduate Medical and Dental Trainees - CLICK HERE
- 27.07.20: New Foundation Year 2 Study Leave Application Process (see flowchart below) CLICK HERE FOR GUIDANCE
Trainees in the East of England may apply for study leave activity of any cost for courses that are mandated by the curriculum or those that are not, referred to as 'aspirational'. The eligibility criteria and process must be adhered to in order for applications to be approved.
Depending on the type and cost of your request, the application process may vary, please see guidance below:
- Curriculum mandated up to £600: Trainees need to apply via the employing Trust’s process and can be approved locally, courses listed here
- Curriculum mandated exceeding £600 and/or aspirational activity (any cost): Trainees will need to follow the employing Trusts study leave process and complete the additional HEE EoE digital form, available at the bottom of this page. Please refer to the short video below for guidance on properly downloading this form.
Application Process Flowcharts
How to Download and Open the HEE EoE Digital Form
The form cannot be opened or completed in a web browser. Please ensure you download and save the document locally on your PC/laptop, then open it as a PDF with Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader before completing.
If a trainee has reason to believe that their study leave application was processed unfairly or incorrectly, they are able to request a review of the process by which their application was considered by making a written submission to Health Education England, East of England. This should include the reason/s for his/her complaint and any evidence to support their appeal. All written submissions must be sent via email or as an attachment, with the original application form and outcome received. This should be emailed to email@example.com and must be made within 10 working days of being notified of their outcome. Two members of the Senior Leadership Team at HEE, EoE will review the decision made, taking into account the evidence submitted and HEE EoE’s Study Leave Policy. The decision following appeals is final; there is no further right of appeal.
For queries regarding Individual Study Leave or to discuss the local application process please contact your Medical Education Department.
For queries regarding the HEE EoE additional approval form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The HEE EoE additional form is to be signed off by the RCP Tutor instead of the TPD, for CMT/IMT trainees. Your RCP Tutor can be found here https://heeoe.hee.nhs.uk/medicine/core-medical-training/contact-us