Mentoring is a transformational process that seeks to help individuals develop and use their knowledge to improve themselves on an ongoing basis.
THE GOOD MENTORING TOOLKIT FOR HEALTHCARE (2004)
Our vision is that mentoring is available to all trainees, regardless of speciality, locality, or grade, enabling them to reach their full potential. Mentoring enables the exploration of needs, motivations, desires, skills, and thought processes to assist a mentee in making lasting change in a supportive and non-judgemental environment.
We currently have 118 mentoring relationships set up! If you would like to join, check out our list of current schemes and complete our registration form. We hope to extend this to more training programs in the future, so watch this space!
Some examples of how we can support you:
- Mentoring Masterclass' This 30minute online video provides current and prospective mentors with the fundamentals of providing effective mentoring and setting up a programme.
- Co-delivering mentoring training - If you are keen to provide your own mentoring training for your scheme we are very happy to co-deliver this with you. Please get in touch!
- Facilitate networking - We are very happy to put you in contact with others interested in mentoring within your area and/or specialty.
- Help and guidance on running / maintaining a mentoring scheme - We are very happy to provide support in setting up a mentoring scheme in your area/specialty. If your scheme is already up and running but you would like further advice and support, please get in contact.
- Sharing great work - Let us know about your progress and successes, we are very happy to share your great work and resources!