6 Reasons to Apply to IMT in the East of England
1. Attractive commutable rotations: All of our rotations in IM1 and 2 years are either based in the same Trust or clustered around the 2 teaching hospitals - Addenbrooke's in Cambridge or the NNUH in Norwich
2. Mock PACES exams throughout the year exclusively for East of England IMT trainees
3. We offer up to £1,000 per year per trainee to fund commercial exam courses
4. We offer complimentary procedural skills and human factors simulation training for all trainees in their IM1 year
5. We believe that we possess one of the most innovative and supportive Professional Support and Well Being (PSW) Units for trainees in the country.
6. We have opportunities for leadership and to make a real difference to your training and that of your peers as part of the IMT Regional Trainee Committee
If you are thinking of applying to the East of England but need more advice first, please don't hesitate to contact either of the 2 Training Programme Directors, Dr Colin Mason or Dr Jasmine Patel.
"The culture pushes you to be the very best doctor you can be. This is particularly well demonstrated on the acute medical take. There is an excellent level of approachable senior support. There is a training week in the rota and very good PACES teaching."
"Small, intimate groups mean you get to know your colleagues and consultants well. There is good communication from the CMT administrator."
"Very friendly with supportive staff; good mixture of ward work with on calls"
"Protected clinic time, adequate clerking experiences and friendly seniors who are willing to teach."
"Very approachable consultant body and an excellent doctors' mess."
"Good quality, regular teaching that CMTs are encouraged to attend."
"Very supportive consultants plus lots of organised teaching and many learning opportunities."
Luton and Dunstable
"Consultants very approachable and a good mixture of rotations, good relationship with other trainees."
"Good oncology-specific teaching and relatively relaxed on call and night shifts that give you plenty of time to do eportfolio, revision, QIP and other projects."
"Interesting pathology and consultants who are really interested in teaching. Easy access to clinics and friendly staff."
"Dedicated and organised education department with plenty of presentation opportunities."
"Lots of training opportunities, protected clinic time and supportive consultants."
"Regular good quality CMT teaching, excellent pastoral and education support from seniors."
"Fantastic breadth of specialty experience, good clinic access and good opportunities for procedural training."
"Friendly and approachable seniors with a good variety on on call shifts, good access to procedures."