Welcome to Luton & Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. We are a highly-rated Acute Hospital located conveniently at Junction 11 of the M1 with easy access to London. Today the L&D has an international reputation as a pioneering leader in a number of specialty fields of medicine and surgery. We serve a local population of over 350,000 from Luton, Dunstable, together with other towns and villages in the south Bedfordshire, north and west Hertfordshire regions.
The Core Medical Training rotation at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital offers extensive experience in general medical specialties and acute medicine. Each rotation provides a broad experience in a variety of specialties including gastroenterology, respiratory medicine, cardiology, intensive care medicine, medicine for the elderly, rheumatology, and diabetes & endocrinology. Typically the trainees will get experience in 6 of these specialties in blocks of 4 months.
There is an active teaching programme with:
- Weekly facilitated small group teaching based on the Core Curriculum
- Weekly bedside teaching aimed towards PACES
- Weekly departmental and specialty meetings, Grand Rounds
- Protected time to attend specialist clinics like neurology, nephrology, haematology, dermatology etc on your rota while working on the acute block as well as during your attachment on medical firms
- Locally administered ALS course
- Simulation training at University of Hertfordshire
This should aid in widening your experience of these sub specialties, help with MRCP examination as well as selecting a specialty for future training.
The hospital is the National Lead for Patient Safety and all staff areencouraged to take part in Patient Safety initiatives including audits and service improvement projects, with an opportunity to present in clinical governance meetings and other forums.
Finally, the faculty of Physician Educators are motivated and focused on helping you achieve your curriculum objectives and offer guidance to excel in your initiatives.
|College Tutor||Dr Ramabhadran Balaji|
|Associate College Tutors||Dr Jade King (Aug 2018-July 2019)|
|CMT Administrator||Gillain Odouro