Exam Support Workshops
To access an Exam Support Workshop, you must first complete a PSW Self-Referral : Form E.
Exam Support Workshop Dates and Times
The workshop is a full-day course.
Start time: 09:00 registration for 09:30 start Finish time: Approximately 16:30
|Friday 23 August 2019||West Wing Victoria House, Cambridge||Booking opens 13/02/19||https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/exam-support-workshop-booking-form-23-august-2019|
|Friday 15 November 2019||West Wing Victoria House, Cambridge||Booking opens 13/04/19||https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/exam-support-workshop-booking-form-15-november-2019|
We are in the process of organising dates for 2020.
The workshop is to be facilitated by Sally Storr in conjunction with Hammet Street Consultants and the Professional Support and Well-being Service
The workshop is open to 16 trainees.
To be eligible for the workshop, you will need to meet some of the following criteria:
- Health Education England East of England doctor or dentist in training
- Have had multiple attempts but struggled to pass (part of) an exam
- Experiencing anxiety around exams which may be effecting clinical work/exam preparation
2-4 Victoria House, Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge CB21 5XB
The session is interactive and varied in it's activities. These may include:
- Group discussions
- Case Studies
- Experiential individual exercises
The workshop will focus on a variety of aspects to exam preparation, which includes:
- Practical Guidance for exam revision including time management to support study and prioritisation in context of work/life issues.
- Generic Exam revision techniques
- Managing Self – sleep, care of self during exam times
- Coping Strategies relating to exam anxiety
- Placing exam success in the bigger picture of life
- Opportunities for peer networking and support
No. There will be trainees attending from a range of specialties in the workshop.
The workshop focuses on generic exam workshop techniques and strategies.