Information for COVID-19 Displaced (formerly known as Shielding) trainees
Updated HEE national and local guidance for managing postgraduate medical trainees whose clinical activity has been displaced by COVID-19 can be found here: HEE EoE Guidance for COVID-19 displaced trainees, December 2020
This updates the guidance published in July 2020 and takes into the account the following:
- A number of trainees will be displaced from their normal clinical activity who do not fall into the clinically vulnerable (CV) or clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) group.
- The second surge of COVID will prolong the time many trainees will need to shield for.
- The prolonged nature of the pandemic has had a significant impact on a number of trainees who are now considering future career options.
- Changes have been made to the section on pregnancy.
- This updated guidance also incorporates key messages from the ‘Support for Shielding Trainees’ document produced by the shielding trainees group and the SuppoRTT program.
A COVID displaced trainee form needs to be completed and signed by:
- Training Programme Director
- Educational Supervisor
A flowchart to illustrate the COVID-displaced trainees process on submitting forms and the after-care can be found here: HEE EoE Guidance for COVID-19 displaced trainees Flowchart
How to apply
If you are an East of England trainee and fall within the criteria of being Covid displaced, please complete the Covid displaced trainee form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Covid displaced trainee form
How to Download and Open the HEE EoE Digital Form
The form cannot be opened or completed in a web browser. Please ensure you download and save the document locally on your PC/laptop, then open it as a PDF with Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader before completing.