Workforce, training and education
East of England

National Support Services

As well as the support services offered directly through the PSW, there are a wealth of national services which can offer support in a range of situations.

These include:

Addiction Charities
Charities for Carers
Crime and Violence
Crime and Violence charities
Disability / Neurodiversity
Charitable Support for Disabilities



Eating Disorders
Eating Disorder Charities
Emotional Distress & Mental Health
Charitable Support for Emotional Distress and Mental Health
Charitable Financial Support

For doctors in Norfolk Only:

           (Please note that there is a subscription fee)

General Charitable Support


International Doctors
Charitable Support for International Doctors
Charitable Legal Support
Relationships & Safeguarding
Charitable Support for Relationships and Family matters


  • National Family Mediation - Turn arguments into agreements. Call the helpline on: 0300 4000 636
  • Relate - You're not alone. Relate has blogs, resources, books, and self-help tools for just about every relationship problem out there.
  • Refuge - 24 hour domestic abuse hotline 0808 2000 247 and information resource.
  • The Change Project  - Free relationship counselling sessions and domestic abuse prevention.
  • Karma Nirvana - Working to end honour abuse in the UK.
  • Women's Aid - Come together to stop domestic abuse. 
  • Mankind - Male Victims of Domestic Abuse – Please call 01823 334244 to speak confidentially.

In Essex, there is some regionally based support:

Employment and Workplace Support / Trade Union
British Medical Association (BMA)
British Medical Association (BMA)

Catelogue of wellbeing support services for doctors and medical students divided into UK regions. Find the PDF HERE

Friday, 16 November, 2018
Make this a News Item?: 
Show Between Dates: 
Friday, 16 November, 2018