- Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- Mr Toma
- Mr Coker
- Mr Campbell
- Mr Soni
- Organiser — Dr Bharucha (associate specialist)
- No night duties
- Clinics are allocated for you but if you have a special interest e.g. paediatric ophthalmology or vitreo-retinal clinic it may be possible to attend if arranged in advance
- You will be taught to use the slit lamp but try to use the ophthalmoscope at every opportunity as this is what you will be using in primary care.
- Learn how to use a tonopen as again this can be used in primary care instead of the slit lamp.
- Try to sit in Casualty for at least 2 weeks supervised with the last few sessions running the clinics yourself, with the supervisor just as back up.
- Don't be hurried if you are overwhelmed ask for help
- It is important to admit in the beginning if you cannot do/see anything.
- This post is usually available in ST2