HEE EoE Virtual Autumn Symposium – 15, 16 & 17 September 2020
‘What went well… Even better if’
Our Autumn Symposium will be a virtual event this year due to current circumstances.
Instructions for booking:
- You will need to click on the booking link and book onto each of the sessions that you wish to attend – the booking page contains details of each session.
- Please note you will need to book onto each session, in total 3 live workshops (not including the Keynote and Senior Leadership Team Update) – please be careful to not book onto workshops that times clash!
- Once you have completed the short booking form, the final page will be your confirmation. You will then receive a joining instructions email with the Zoom link for the session a few days before the event.
- Each workshop has a limited number of delegates that are able to attend and it is first come, first served. Please be aware that these limits are put in place to avoid reducing the quality of the online interactive sessions.
- Any sessions that are fully booked will direct you to a waiting list that you are welcome to complete.
Day One - Tuesday 15th September
Day Two - Wednesday 16th September
• Associate Trainers
Day Three - Thursday 17th September
• Associate Trainers
EoE Trainees - Invitation to Attend Virtual HEE EoE Autumn Symposium - APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
HEE EoE Autumn Symposium – 17 September 2020
Dear East of England trainees,
We would like to invite you to attend the HEE East of England Autumn Symposium, which is aimed at doctors throughout the region who have an interest in medical education and who are involved in its delivery at a post-graduate level.
The Trainee day for this Autumn Symposium is on 17th September, this year the event will be run virtually, with the theme of "What went well… even better if".
This is the second year that non-consultant educators will be invited to the event. There will be a trainees’ strand running throughout the day, with workshops on areas such as a Fellows Showcase and Leadership and QI.
Presentation Competition for Trainees
There will also be presentation competition, as one of the workshops, where successful trainees can showcase the great education work which they are undertaking around the East of England region. This will be open to East of England Trainees who can demonstrate an interest in education, either by teaching, quality improvement or educational research.
There will be no conference fee, however, individual trainees would need to apply for study leave within their trusts.
If you would like to apply to attend the event, please complete the online application form linked here: https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/trainee-application-hee-eoe-autumn-symposium.
The application asks for a 150 word (approx.) summary detailing your recent education work in East of England, education courses or qualifications you have obtained and how you feel attending the day will allow you to develop as an educator of the future. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainees who would like to enter the Presentation Competition Workshop for the chance to present their work on the day and attend the event, please complete the application form linked above and send that and the following to email@example.com :
- Three slides maximum, suggested to cover introduction, results, and conclusion. We ask that the content of these presentations is themed around either Medical Education and/or Quality Improvement.
Presentations will be evaluated by the HEE EoE Team and selected based on the following criteria:
- Evidence of thorough literature review
- Clear presentation of novel contribution
- Impact on either Quality & Improvement/Educational Research
- Understanding of Limitations and Future Implications
All parts of applications must be received by midday on 10th August and applicants will be informed of whether they have been successfully allocated a place by 27th August. Late applications will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR TRAINEES.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Autumn Seminar 2019
‘Learning Today for a Better Tomorrow’
Health Education England East of England's 2019 Autumn Seminar will take place on the 17, 18 and 19 September, at Granta Centre, Grant Park, Great Abington, Cambridge.
The Autumn Seminar provides faculty development for postgraduate educators from the East of England, offering a valuable opportunity to learn, develop, network and share best practice.
The days include a combination of keynote speeches and a number of interactive workshops.
Both days are open to East of England educators across all specialties, however each day focused on a different target audience. Please see the below table for further details:
Autumn Seminar 2018
Health Education England East of England's 2018 Autumn Seminar took place on the 26 and 27 September, at Granta Centre, Grant Park, Great Abington, Cambridge.
The Autumn Seminar provided faculty development for postgraduate educators from the east of England, offering a valuable opportunity to learn, develop, network and share best practice.
The days included a combination of keynote speeches and a number of interactive workshops.
Both days were open to east of England educators from across all specialties, however each day focused on a different target audience. Please see the below table for further details:
Please click on the relevant link to view the programme for each day. Please note that these are draft programmes and subject to change:
Wednesday 26 September
Thursday 27 September