There are a number of payments that Educators and Practices may be entitled to whilst supervising GP Trainees.
All payments are made automatically via PCSE Online.
Please see below for specific guidance on each of these payments.
If you have any queries in reference to the below, please contact the East of England Business Support team. Alternatively, you can query payments directly via PCSE Online. Further details can be found here:
Educational Supervisors complete Educational Supervisor Reviews (ESRs) for their Trainees every six months. These Tier 3 trainers will be eligible for reimbursement of each ST1 and ST2 ESR, both in hospital and practice placements. This is paid automatically at a rate of £250.00 per report.
Payments will be made automatically on a six monthly basis to the Educators Practice. It is therefore imperative to inform us on email@example.com if you have changed practices since your Educator Approval was completed.
Please do not submit any invoices as these will not be processed.
- March 2022 to include ESRs for the period 09/2021 – 02/2022.
- September 2022 to include ESRs for the period 03/2022 – 08/2022.
- March 2023 to include ESRs for the period 09/2022 – 02/2023
- September 2023 to include ESRs for the period 03/2023 - 08/2023
Who is Eligible?
The CPD allowance is for approved GP Tier 3 Trainers only. This will not be paid to Associate Trainers.
To qualify for this CPD payment Trainers must be;
- Active GP trainers (within the last 2 years)
- Currently on the Performers List
- Maintaining performance as a GP Trainer which must be evidenced in NHS appraisal documentation
Trainers must declare that they meet all the qualifying criteria and will form part of an audit trail for NHS Finance purposes.
How to Claim:
CPD payments will be paid automatically, usually once a year in November. Please do not submit an invoice as this will not be processed.
If you are not an approved educator at the time the payment is made you will not be in receipt of the payment until the next financial year.
Change of Process
Please note that from August 2019 you will no longer be required to complete Honorary Contracts for trainees starting placement in your practice.
You will also not need to raise any invoices to receive payment for related Trainers Grant, all Trainer Grant payments will now be made automatically.
Payments will be made retrospectively every 6 months to ensure full compliance with standing financial instructions and a consistent format across Midlands and East.
The benefit of paying Trainer Grant payments to practices in this way include:
- more accurate payments based on a daily rate covering the exact period the trainee has been based in your practice
- appropriate adjustments made automatically for any trainees on long term sick etc (there will be no reduction made for any less than full time trainees)
- payments made directly via NHS England and Primary Care Service England
- there will be no need for Practices to raise invoices as payments will be made directly.
The trainer grant payment is now paid retrospectively and calculated on a pro rata (daily) basis.
Trainer grant payments will be made during the following months:
- March 2022 to include TG for the period 04/08/2021 – 01/02/2022.
- September 2022 to include TG for the period 02/02/2022 – 02/08/2022.
- March 2023 to include TG for the period 03/08/2022 – 31/01/2023
- September 2023 to include TG for the period 01/02/2023 - 01/08/2023
All payments will be paid automatically via PCSE online..
Payments are made in line with rotations to ensure payments made are as accurate as possible.
Whilst Honorary Contracts are no longer required Trainers must ensure that they return the ‘Trainer Accreditation Agreement’ which is sent following Trainer approval and re-approval.
Please contact us via the East of England Business Support team if you have any queries relating to payments you have received