There are a number of payments that Educators and Practices may be entitled to whilst supervising GP Trainees.
Please see below for specific guidance on each of these payments.
If you have any queries in reference to the below, please contact GP Practice Payments Team.
Educational Supervisors complete Educational Supervisor Reviews (ESR) for their ST1 and ST2 Trainees every six months. The trainer will be eligible for reimbursement of each ESR at a rate of £250.00.
As of April, all payments will be made automatically on a six monthly basis. Please do not submit any invoices.
Who is Eligible?
The CPD allowance is for approved GP Trainers only. This will not be paid to Associate Trainers.
To qualify for this CPD payment Trainers must adhere to the following;
- Active GP trainers (within the last 2 years)
- Currently on the Performers List
- Maintaining performance as a GP Trainer which must be evidenced in NHS appraisal documentation
By raising a claim Trainers must declare that they meet all the qualifying and will form part of an audit trail for NHS Finance purposes.
How to Claim:
As of April all CPD payments will be paid automatically on a six monthly basis. Please do not submit any invoices at this stage.
Further information will be shared in due course.
Change of Process
Please note that from August 2019 you will no longer be required to complete Honorary Contracts for trainees starting placement in your practice.
You will also not need to raise any invoices to receive payment for related Trainers Grant, all Trainer Grant payments will now be made automatically.
Payments will be made retrospectively every 6 months to ensure full compliance with standing financial instructions and a consistent format across Midlands and East.
The benefit of paying Trainer Grant payments to practices in this way include:
- more accurate payments based on a daily rate covering the exact period the trainee has been based in your practice
- appropriate adjustments made automatically for any trainees on long term sick etc (there will be no reduction made for any less than full time trainees)
- payments made directly via NHS England and Primary Care Service England
- there will be no need for Practices to raise invoices as payments will be made direct and can be viewed in the Open Exeter system
The trainer grant payment is now paid retrospectively and calculated on a pro rata (daily) basis.
Trainer grant payments will be made during the following months:
- March 2020 to include TG for the period 7 August 2019 – 4 February 2020.
- September 2020 to include TG for the period 5 February 2020 – 4 August 2020.
- March 2021 to include TG for the period 5 August 2020 - 9 February 2021
- September 2021 to include TG for the period 10 February 2021 - 3 August 2021
All payments will be paid automatically via NHS England. You will be able to see what payments you have received through Open Exeter.
Payments are made in line with rotations to ensure payments made are as accurate as possible.
Whilst Honorary Contracts are no longer required Trainers must ensure that they return the ‘Trainer Accreditation Agreement’ which is sent following Trainer approval and re-approval.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries relating to payments you have received