NHS East of England are offering a Blended Fellowship opportunity. Fellows will be integral in driving content creation for their specialty on the the Blended Learning Platform. This is to ensure that educational content is accessible across all specialties and created to the highest possible standard using the latest technologies!
- Eligibility: ST2+ for GP doctors in training, who will be working in the EoE for at least 12 months from the time of commencement in post.
- Application process detailed below
- Fellowship start date: February 2024
If you have any queries please contact: email@example.com
What will I be Doing?
In a nutshell your role as the Blended Learning Fellow will be to take all the subject matter expert knowledge that you can find and "digitalise" it, into a blend of online courses and Webinar/recorded Face-to-Face teaching events for your specialty. You will be working closely with your Specialty Blended Learning Lead to construct a sustainable and achievable educational online strategy, breaking down relevant curricula into learning objectives and packaging them into Blended Learning Pathways that can be delivered over time. There is more info on how this is done on our content creation page.
Once these pathways have been mapped out, you will be responsible for collating all relevant material from subject matter experts to build your pathways using market leading online creation tools such as Articulate 360 and:
- Bridge LMS
- Panopto Lecture Capture Software
In order for the application to be successful, the applicant must have a proposed project or an idea for a project that they wish to undertake. The project idea should be focused around blended or e-learning and the successful applicant will take the lead in creating the project with support from the blended learning team.
The idea for your project should be presented as a 5-minute storyboard and then uploaded onto Panopto for the blended learning team to assess. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org once this has been done.
Successful candidates will be trained on how to utilise the various platforms and software that is available to the blended learning team.
PGCert or PGDip:
As part of the Fellowship Programme, Fellows may have access to bursaries for a PGCert or PGDip (top up) in Medical Education.
Flexible according to negotiated time out of clinical work – up to 40% - 2 days a week (job share would be considered). You will need to consider applying for less than full time training for the duration of the fellowship. Please ensure you discuss it with your TPD before applying.
1. First step of application is to complete this form: https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/gp-blended-learning-fellowship-application-202324
2. Second step of application:
In order for your application to be successful, you must have a proposed project or an idea for a project that you wish to undertake. The project idea should be focused around blended or e-learning and the successful applicant will take the lead in creating the project with support from the blended learning team.
The idea for your project should be presented as a 5-minute storyboard and then uploaded onto Panopto for the blended learning team to assess.
- A storyboard is a way of organising educational content into sections that help visualise the narrative of your course; it helps nail the storyline of your eLearning course. Check out this article that shows you some examples.
Present the Storyboard:
- Once complete, we would like you to record yourself presenting your storyboard in a 5-minute video presentation. Sell this project to us. Talk us through the media, software, design and layout decisions you have made, and tell us why you have made those decisions. Record your presentation by uploading a video or use the Panopto recorder to record the video in your Panopto ‘My Folder’. Once uploaded to your folder, please email us at email@example.com to let us know.
- You can download the Panopto recorder from Panopto (link situated at the top right of the Panopto page). Here are some How to videos on how to record yourself using Panopto: https://heeoe.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx?folderID=82c80375-7cff-4380-a3f7-aab90158483d
Important note: You have been given access to our blended learning platforms Bridge and Panopto. If you experience any difficulties in accessing these platforms please contact us urgently at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not be marked down for having technical issues so please get in touch if you need help.