Critical Appraisal Revision Course
2nd and 3rd February 2021
The School of Emergency Medicine has agreed to fund 10 places on the Critical Appraisal Course which is being run by Cambridge Medical Education on 2nd and 3rd February 2021. This course will be delivered over two half days and will be delivered online.
Please find below the proposed programme:
- 09:00-09:45 Critical Appraisal The Basics
- 09:45-10:15 Statistics essentials
- 10:15 -10:45 Interventional Studies: Principles
- 10:50-11:30 Intervention Paper 1: Specimen Appraisal
- 11:35-12:15 Intervention Paper 2: Specimen Appraisal
- 12:30 -13:30 Paper 3 under exam conditions
- 13:40-14:00 Answers
- 09:00-09:45 Diagnostic Studies: Principles
- 09:45-10:30 Diagnostic Paper 1: Specimen Appraisal
- 10:45-11:30 Diagnostic Paper 2: Specimen Appraisal
- 11:45-12:45 Paper 3 Under Exam Conditions
- 12:45-13:15 Model Answers
- 13:15-13:45 Exam Hints and Tips
To book one of these funded places please let Anna Frost know by return email no later than Friday 18th December 2020. Please note that only trainees sitting the exam in March will be eligible for a funded place.
A £50.00 holding deposit is required to secure your place on the course which will be retained if you fail to attend the course or fail to provide 14 working days’ notice that you are unable to attend. Your place on the course is not secure until this has been received. Please ensure that study leave has been approved before securing your booking.