Level 1 Ultrasound Course
Thursday 12th and Friday 13th November 2020
This one day Emergency Ultrasound Level 1 course is aimed at doctors working in acute care setting. It addresses the knowledge and practical skills recommended by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine necessary to achieve Level 1 competency in the four core clinical applications of Emergency Ultrasound.
The course covers the essential components of ultrasound physics and good governance.
This practical course is suitable for those new to the clinical applications of focused ultrasound as well as those with prior experience of ultrasound.
- Introduction to Emergency Ultrasound based on the RCEM curriculum
- Theory and practical sessions on E-FAST, Abdominal Aorta, ECHO in Life
- Support and Vascular Access scans
- Additional applications on Cardiac, Thoracic and IVC scanning
- Supervised hands on practice on live models and mannequins
The course will be run using the following format:
- 12th November, 09:30 - 13:15hrs – Online Lecture to be delivered by video conference
- 13th November, 09:00 - 15:00hrs - Face to face practical session which will take place at the Clay Farm Centre, Hobson Square, Trumpington, Cambridge, CB2 9FN.
The School of Emergency Medicine has agreed to fund 12 places on the Emergency Ultrasound Level 1 Course for Emergency Medicine East of England Trainees only.
We are unable to take any bookings for trainees or non trainees out of region. This course is being run by the Cambridge Medical Education
To book one of these HEE funded places please email Anna Frost no later than Tuesday 27th October the latest. Please ensure study leave has been secured to enable you to attend. A £50.00 holding deposit is required to secure your place on the course which will be retained if you fail to attend the course or fail to provide 14 working days’ notice that you are unable to attend. Your place on the course is not secure until this is received.