Welcome to our Mentor Pages...
Why Be A Mentor?
The GMC states, in "Duties of A Doctor" that:
"You should be willing to take on a mentoring role for more junior doctors and healthcare professionals"
However, Mentors can gain a lot from the process themselves. Some possible benefits include:
• Satisfaction from seeing your Mentee develop
• An opportunity to share your knowledge and experience
• Developing your own communication, educational and leadership skills
• Enhancing your own work performance
• More self-awareness and insight
• A different perspective on your own practice
• Improved team moral and satisfaction in junior colleagues
• Confirmation of the value of your own knowledge and experience
• A new challenge
So what do you need to be a good Mentor? We have created a person specification to give you an idea of the qualities need to be a Mentor that you can download here.
Looking to extend your skills? Why not try one of our Mentor Development Workshops. Details can be found on our Courses and Events Page here
You can find links to external resources that may be of interest to you here