Why Choose Norforlk GPSTP - Gt Yarmouth & Waveney Locality
Right from the start, the emphasis is on General Practice as you rotate through various
specialties; making you aware of the learning and experience you will need to become a GP.
Most people will spend six months in a general practice in either ST1 or ST2 years.
Throughout, there is ongoing support for MRCGP .
Teaching and preparation for all parts of this are fully integrated as part of the half-day
Some reasons for joining us
We asked the question: Why should you come to Norfolk?
The Broadland Gt Yarmouth & Waveney locality is:
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- Good social life amongst GPSTR
- Great bunch of people on Programme
- Educational, in a refreshing way
- Variety of topics and learning & teaching styles
- Specialty Trainees and GPSTR groups work together and separately
- Good exam preparation
- High academic standards yet relaxed friendly atmosphere
- Responsive to needs, willing to change focus at request of trainees
- Wide range of skills taught, not just clinical
The Programme Directors' reasons:
- Norfolk is a great place to live and work - a lovely location, with good quality of life for the GPSTRs.
- The Broadland GPSTP members are always good: high quality doctors, know how to have fun
- Excellent training practices, rural and urban - enthusiastic and committed Trainers, who enjoying teaching their GPSTRs
- Top quality half-day release course led by well-motivated and experienced Programme Directors
- Good teaching from hospital Consultants
- Excellent job prospects in the locality both full- and part-time in this delightful part of England
- The course equips you with all the skills you need to practice with confidence as a young Principle
- Genuine warmth, trust and openness within the GPSTP group
- Good social events