- Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Trust (Luton and Dunstable Hospital)
- Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (The Princess Alexandra)
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (Watford General Hospital)
- East and North Herts NHS Trust (Lister Hospital and New QEII Hospital)
- Mid and South Essex University Hospitals Group (Basildon, Broomfield and Southend Hospitals)
- East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation Trust (Colchester Hospital)
We are fortunate to work in a beautiful part of the country with all the benefits of close proximity to London. The hospitals within our scheme are based in some of the most desirable green belt towns and are ideal for putting down roots for your future careers. Our trainers and trainees benefit from being able to balance life and work well - hugely important for well-being and a healthy training program.
YEAR 2 and 3
Higher Specialist Training
YEAR 4 and 5
There is some variation in on-call commitments from trust to trust in the EBH scheme but generally on-call training starts in the first or second year. On-calls within the EBH scheme are usually consultant lead, with a consultant close by to supervise work and give advice. With progression to year 3 more independence is given. Complete independence with on-call is expected following the success in the final FRCR part 2B exam.