Health Education England (HEE), working across the East of England, offer Clinical Commissioning and Leadership Fellows posts as an ST4 year. These posts will offer experience in general practice to consolidate previous training and allow application to the GMC for a Certificate of Completion of Training at the end of the ST4 year combined with a flexible educational package developing participants commissioning and leadership skills and aptitude for clinical commissioning.
The aims of the Clinical Commissioning and Leadership Fellows Scheme are:
To produce new GPs with:
- - Knowledge and experience of Commissioning and Leadership.
- - Continuing experience of general practice in a practice involved with commissioning and leadership with oversight by an educational supervisor culminating in a CCT at the end of the ST4 year.
Trainees will benefit through:
- - PG Cert in Clinical Medicine (see below).
- - A Programme of self-development aiming to equip them with Commissioning Competences.
- - Leadership development through involvement with the HEE’s Leadership framework; a fantastic opportunity to test and develop leadership skills, to provide solutions for organizational and system issues.
- - Immersion in live commissioning and leadership issues.
- - Opportunity for involvement in Leadership projects over the year.
Fellows will be supported by coaching, mentoring and masterclasses delivered by specialists from both inside and outside the healthcare sector.
Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Medicine:
This Fellowship includes a PG Cert in Clinical Medicine with the University of Cambridge which will be fully funded by HEE. For further details about the course details, programme and entry requirements please see the website - http://www.ice.cam.ac.uk/course/postgraduate-certificate-clinical-medicine .
Who is eligible?
Fellows will be senior GP trainees who hold an NTN and are at ST3 level.
Please see the attached guidance document for the Fellowship Overview, Person Specification, Job Description and FAQs (linked below).
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org