The GP ST4 Education Fellowship is an exciting opportunity for senior GP trainees to develop quality improvement and educational leadership skills whilst continuing clinical development in a supportive environment.
Please see below for further information.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An opportunity for senior GP trainees to develop quality improvement and educational leadership skills whilst continuing clinical development in a supportive environment.
Trainees will undertake:
- 4 designated clinical sessions in practice.
- 4 sessions per week of formal quality improvement, delivering medical education and educational leadership activity.
- 2 session of education – PGCert in Medical Education or alternative.
- The Trainee will have a Trainer as a formal educational supervisor to oversee their continued educational development. They will be required to continue with workplace-based assessments (which can relate to their commissioning and leadership work).
- The educational leadership support programme will be a mix of taught sessions, shadowing senior doctors involved in medical education, hands on experience and small group work.
The fellows will work on one or more projects which will be aligned to the priorities of the GP school as outlined in the Annual School Development Plan.
Trainees will benefit through having:
- PG Cert in Medical Education.
- A programme of self-development aiming to equip them with educational leadership capabilities.
- Immersion in live educational leadership issues.
- Opportunity for involvement in educational leadership projects over the year.
This fellowship is open to senior GP trainees.Trainees must be in a position to have successfully completed the requirements of their specialty training programme at ST3 by the time they commence the fellowship. The ST4 year is not an extension but a chance to gain additional skills and insights.
Applications are open for GP Trainees planning to CCT in by February 2023.
To apply for the ST4 Education Fellowship opportunity you need to complete the the application form linked below and send it with all relevant attachements to email@example.com by 29th June 2023.
ST4 Education Fellowship Application Form - deadline extended!
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.