Exam Support Workshop Dates and Times
The workshop is a full-day course.
Start time: 09:00 registration for 09:30 start Finish time: Approximately 16:30
|Friday 22 February 2019||West Wing Victoria House, Cambridge||Booking opens 13/11/18||https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/exam-support-workshop-booking-form-22-february|
|Friday 24 May 2019||West Wing Victoria House, Cambridge||Booking opens 13/11/18||https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/exam-support-workshop-booking-form-24-may-2019|
|Friday 23 August 2019||West Wing Victoria House, Cambridge||Booking opens 13/02/19||https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/exam-support-workshop-booking-form-23-august-2019|
|Friday 15 November 2019||West Wing Victoria House, Cambridge||Booking opens 13/04/19||https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/exam-support-workshop-booking-form-15-november-2019|
More dates are being planned for 2019.
The workshop is to be facilitated by Sally Storr in conjunction with Hammet Street Consultants and the Professional Support Unit (PSU) team.
The workshop is open to 16 trainees based on reasons stated in a referral to the Professional Support Unit.
To be eligible for the workshop, you will need to meet some of the following criteria:
- Health Education England East of England doctor or dentist in training
- have had multiple attempts but struggled to pass (part of) an exam
- experiencing anxiety around exams which may be effecting their clinical work/exam preparation
- those who would be looking to retake their exams in 2018/19
Priority will be given to trainees that are referred to the Professional Support Unit (PSU). If you would like more information around on how to refer to the PSU, follow this link https://heeoe.hee.nhs.uk/psu/how-refer
The session is interactive and varied in it's activities. These may include:
- Group discussions
- Case Studies
- Experiential individual exercises
The workshop will focus on a variety of aspects to exam preparation, which includes:
- Practical Guidance for exam revision including time management to support study and prioritisation in context of work/life issues.
- Generic Exam revision techniques
- Managing Self – sleep, care of self during exam times
- Coping Strategies relating to exam anxiety
- Placing exam success in the bigger picture of life
- Opportunities for peer networking and support
No. There will be trainees attending from a range of specialties in the workshop.
The workshop focuses on generic exam workshop techniques and strategies.