To make a referral to the Professional Support Unit (PSU) please download and complete the relevant referral form. Exam support is currently the only reason we accept as self-referral.
- For most referrals, The Referral Framework Form should be completed by your TPD or Educational Supervisor
- In order to put appropriate support in place, the PSU will be in contact with the trainee after the referral is reviewed. The PSU will need to arrange a Case Manager meeting to discuss the referral further and support will be put in place after this.
- Please note the trainee you wish to refer needs to have sight of these forms before they are submitted.
- Exam Support for repeated exam failure can be either a self-referral or by your Training Programme Director/Educational Supervisor
- Repeated exam failure does not usually require a case manager meeting and the trainee will be contacted by the PSU Administrator for additional information before putting any support in place.
- We do have a criteria where the trainee would need to have either repeated their exams 2 or more times, or there is a pattern of failed attempts in two or more exams.
Once the form has been completed, or if you have any questions before submitting the form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When making a referral to the PSU we would ask that you read and familiarise yourself with our Professional Support for Doctors in Training Guidance which governs our practices and processes.