West Essex (Harlow) GP Specialty Training
Welcome to the Harlow GP Speciality Training Programme!
Why Choose Harlow and West Essex?
- A favourable situation lying between Cambridge and London
- Good motorway and railway links
- A major international airport
- Excellent GP Training Practices
- Excellent release courses focussed on today's and future General Practice
- A hospital with a high turnover of a variety of clinical material relevant for a good General Practice training.
- A friendly welcoming programme that places a high value on cross-year peer support and fertilisation of ideas
West Essex has Harlow in the centre, which has lots of greenery and cycle paths with surrounding leafy suburbs such as Elsenham, Bishops Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Roydon, and Epping.
We are strategically positioned between Cambridge and London; with easy access by motorways M11 and M25, and by air from Stansted Airport. Harlow Town station is about 30 minutes by train from Liverpool Street station.
Harlow has most of the modern day General Practice clinical materials ranging from social problems - one parent families, deprivation, drug abuse - through to medical needs such as ischaemic heart disease, malignancies, respiratory diseases and much more. A keen trainee will have an opportunity to be exposed to a variety of clinical material during the three-year training, laying an excellent foundation, which will give them tremendous confidence when they start their partnership.
We also train for the future General Practice with sessions devoted to Health Management, Medical Politics and encouraging Research and Teaching. There are opportunities to settle into good Practices in West Essex. West Essex has major Industries such as Glaxo Smith Kline, MSD and Nortel, opening job opportunities for spouses.