To be selected as an Educational Supervisor these are some of the outline conditions:
- You must have significant experience as a performer in the GDS or PDS (typically equivalent to four years full time experience), and in your present practice for not less than one year. It is expected that you would be the practice owner, but in certain circumstances, (corporate bodies, longstanding associateships, salaried services) a performer who can demonstrate relevant involvement and influence in the running of the practice and policy ;
- You must have a personal commitment to the GDS or PDS of the NHS of not less than £25,000 per annum.
- You have to provide a surgery for the Foundation Trainee to work in, together with a trained and experien dental nurse
- You must be available in the practice for at least three days a week whilst the Trainee is working, and you are expected to be able to make yourself available for help throughout the day.
- There must also be the presence of another dentist, able and prepared to provide supervision of the Trainee in the practice at times when the Trainer is not present